View latest COVID-19 news at our partner website

COVID-19 Philippines

Tracking SARS-CoV-2 cases in the Philippines

1,124,724 confirmed cases

The Philippines ranks 25 out of 192 countries based on the number of confirmed COVID-19 positive cases.

Compare with other countries

1,050,643 recoveries

The Philippines ranks 19 out of 192 countries when measured by the total count of fully recovered COVID-19 patients.

Compare with other countries

18,821 deaths

The Philippines ranks 28 out of 192 countries in terms of the number of recorded deaths caused by COVID-19.

Compare with other countries

976 posthumous results

This is the number of people who have died before they were declared positive. This translates to 5.2% of all reported deaths.

958 probable cases

This is the number of probable cases as of Jul 14. Previously termed as PUIs (mild or critical) with inconclusive or unofficial test results.

DOH definition of probable case

37,951 suspect cases

This is the number of suspect cases as of Jul 14. Previously termed as PUIs (mild or critical) with no test done or awaiting test results.

DOH definition of suspect case

12,021 healthcare workers

This is the number of healthcare workers affected by COVID-19 as of Nov 21, or 2.9% of confirmed cases.

1.67% case fatality rate

The Philippines ranks 93 out of 184 countries for its death-to-confirmed case ratio.

* Only included in ranking are countries with >= 50 cases.

Compare with other countries

93.41% case recovery rate

The Philippines ranks 76 out of 184 countries for its recovered-to-confirmed case ratio.

* Only included in ranking are countries with >= 50 cases.

Compare with other countries

103.9 days doubling time

This is the number of days it will take for the confirmed cases in the Philippines to double. It is based on the 7-day average daily growth rate of 0.67%.

10402.9 people infected per million

The Philippines ranks 112 out of 192 countries when measured by the number of COVID-19 confirmed cases per one million residents of the country.

Compare with other countries

Outcomes of Resolved Cases

A COVID-19 case is considered closed when the case has reached its resolution, either the patient recovers or the patient dies.

In the Philippines, 98% of all resolved cases are recoveries while the other 2% lead to death.

This puts the Philippines in rank 82 out of 184 countries in terms of recoveries-to-closed cases ratio.

* Only included in ranking are countries with >= 50 closed cases

Compare with other countries
  Closed Cases Recovery Fatality
Flag of Singapore Singapore 61,060 100% 0%
Flag of Laos Laos 432 100% 0%
Flag of Malaysia Malaysia 416,495 100% 0%
Flag of Vietnam Vietnam 2,692 99% 1%
Flag of Brunei Brunei 223 99% 1%
Flag of Cambodia Cambodia 10,014 99% 1%
Flag of Philippines Philippines 1,069,464 98% 2%
Flag of Thailand Thailand 27,421 98% 2%
Flag of Myanmar Myanmar 135,281 98% 2%
Flag of Indonesia Indonesia 1,636,795 97% 3%
Global Avg 100,485,243 97% 3%

Case Fatality Rate

1.67% Philippines

vs

2.08% World Average

Case Fatality Rate is the proportion of deaths from COVID-19 compared to the total number of people diagnosed with the disease since the start of the outbreak.

The Philippines' fatality rate is lower than the global average of 2.08%. It is seeing better numbers compared to the ASEAN average of 2.12%.

Compare with more countries

Case Recovery Rate

93.4% Philippines

vs

60.3% World Average

Case Recovery Rate is the proportion of recovered patients from COVID-19 compared to the total number of people diagnosed with the disease since the start of the outbreak.

The Philippines' recovery rate is higher than the global average of 60.3%. It is seeing better numbers compared to the ASEAN average of 88.9%.

Compare with more countries

Looking for the latest COVID-19 news?

Our other website, sift.ph, curates the latest COVID-19 news in the Philippines.

Found this website helpful?

This website costs money to run. You can help us cover our costs by donating.


COVID-19 Philippines

Proudly crafted by the Gozalo siblings

@mikkogozalo@cecilemaris@cmgozalo

Sources

JHU Coronavirus Resource Center for Global Data
DOH nCoV Tracker for PH Data
2015 Census - Philippines

Share